Family was just playing fetch with their dog by the lake. Now, they are warning others

How can such a simple act end in a tragedy? When one family spent a delightful afternoon at the local lake for a family party, they never thought such a terrible event would follow it.
After playing fetch in and out of the lake, the family's two-year-old Schnauzer named, Hanz, died unexpectedly. He had started showing signs of lethargy after tirelessly playing with his beloved family. Hanz was estimated to have gone in and out of the water at least twenty times that day, which is what probably lead to his unfortunate death.
Advertisement
Inside Edition
Experts believe that Hanz died of water intoxication or a condition called hyponatremia. This condition is a result of swallowing too much water, leading to swelling and eventual brain damage.
Hanz's family is truly heartbroken over the loss of their dog, especially because it could have been prevented. They are now making efforts in warning other families about water intoxication in pets, and how to take proper action from letting it happen in the first place.
Inside Edition
To help raise awareness on water intoxication, please share Hanz's story to others so that another unfortunate tragedy can be prevented.
Advertisement
Resources
Share on Facebook

Giggles galore abound in this hilarious video of a Jack Russell Terrier positively having the time of his life at the 2017 Crufts Dog Show.
November 19   ·  
Advertisement
Geoffrey's foster mom found him his forever home, but Geoffrey already knew where his home was. It was with her.
November 19   ·  
Luis Antonio Caballero is an Argentine dog groomer who loves his job. A lot.
November 18   ·  
 
Recommended
Advertisement