Advertisement

Family was just playing fetch with their dog by the lake. Now, they are warning others

How can such a simple act end in a tragedy? When one family spent a delightful afternoon at the local lake for a family party, they never thought such a terrible event would follow it.
After playing fetch in and out of the lake, the family's two-year-old Schnauzer named, Hanz, died unexpectedly. He had started showing signs of lethargy after tirelessly playing with his beloved family. Hanz was estimated to have gone in and out of the water at least twenty times that day, which is what probably lead to his unfortunate death.
Advertisement
Inside Edition
Experts believe that Hanz died of water intoxication or a condition called hyponatremia. This condition is a result of swallowing too much water, leading to swelling and eventual brain damage.
Hanz's family is truly heartbroken over the loss of their dog, especially because it could have been prevented. They are now making efforts in warning other families about water intoxication in pets, and how to take proper action from letting it happen in the first place.
Inside Edition
To help raise awareness on water intoxication, please share Hanz's story to others so that another unfortunate tragedy can be prevented.
Advertisement
Resources
Share on Facebook

Everyone knows exercise is good for humans, but it's also good for pets too! One mother was trying to teach her bulldog to use the treadmill but she quickly ran...
October 20   ·  
Advertisement
When dogs are dumped at Echo Lake Park in Ft. Worth, Texas, most of them are already dead. This is the story of Mercy, one who lived.
October 20   ·  
It was a different kind of souvenir, for sure, that Nick and Emily brought home from their road trip. Read their amazing story!
October 19   ·  
 
Recommended
Advertisement
Advertisement