Family was just playing fetch with their dog by the lake. Now, they are warning others

How can such a simple act end in a tragedy? When one family spent a delightful afternoon at the local lake for a family party, they never thought such a terrible event would follow it.
After playing fetch in and out of the lake, the family's two-year-old Schnauzer named, Hanz, died unexpectedly. He had started showing signs of lethargy after tirelessly playing with his beloved family. Hanz was estimated to have gone in and out of the water at least twenty times that day, which is what probably lead to his unfortunate death.
Inside Edition
Experts believe that Hanz died of water intoxication or a condition called hyponatremia. This condition is a result of swallowing too much water, leading to swelling and eventual brain damage.
Hanz's family is truly heartbroken over the loss of their dog, especially because it could have been prevented. They are now making efforts in warning other families about water intoxication in pets, and how to take proper action from letting it happen in the first place.
Inside Edition
To help raise awareness on water intoxication, please share Hanz's story to others so that another unfortunate tragedy can be prevented.

Love comes in all forms, and especially in the form of rescue pets.
December 5   ·  
This dying dog has given comfort to dying patients for years. As his own time approaches, he still gives his all to people he loves.
December 4   ·  
These superheroes sporting dog leotards are leaping in to conquer dog hair everywhere!
December 4   ·  
A circle of bubbles begins to rise from the depth.
December 2   ·  
Camouflage is one very effective way that snakes hide themselves from predators. I'll bet you can't locate the copperhead snake hiding in plain sight!
November 23   ·  
An amazing gallery of photos document the special relationship between tiny kittens and their adopted family in this sweet story.
November 21   ·