Family was just playing fetch with their dog by the lake. Now, they are warning others

How can such a simple act end in a tragedy? When one family spent a delightful afternoon at the local lake for a family party, they never thought such a terrible event would follow it.
After playing fetch in and out of the lake, the family's two-year-old Schnauzer named, Hanz, died unexpectedly. He had started showing signs of lethargy after tirelessly playing with his beloved family. Hanz was estimated to have gone in and out of the water at least twenty times that day, which is what probably lead to his unfortunate death.
Advertisement
Inside Edition
Experts believe that Hanz died of water intoxication or a condition called hyponatremia. This condition is a result of swallowing too much water, leading to swelling and eventual brain damage.
Hanz's family is truly heartbroken over the loss of their dog, especially because it could have been prevented. They are now making efforts in warning other families about water intoxication in pets, and how to take proper action from letting it happen in the first place.
Inside Edition
To help raise awareness on water intoxication, please share Hanz's story to others so that another unfortunate tragedy can be prevented.
Advertisement
Resources

The dog not only understands his owner but also has his own opinions about his favorite subject.
February 27   ·  
Advertisement
February 27   ·  
Army Specialist Ken Wyrsch knows you don't leave a friend behind. Here's how he solved a heart-rending problem.
February 27   ·  
Plastics and fishing line pose a terrible threat to marine life.
February 27   ·  
February 26   ·  
When things go terribly wrong, holding a purring cat can make things easier. Good came out of bad for this special cat and his personal hero!
February 12   ·