Family was just playing fetch with their dog by the lake. Now, they are warning others

How can such a simple act end in a tragedy? When one family spent a delightful afternoon at the local lake for a family party, they never thought such a terrible event would follow it.
After playing fetch in and out of the lake, the family's two-year-old Schnauzer named, Hanz, died unexpectedly. He had started showing signs of lethargy after tirelessly playing with his beloved family. Hanz was estimated to have gone in and out of the water at least twenty times that day, which is what probably lead to his unfortunate death.
Advertisement
Inside Edition
Experts believe that Hanz died of water intoxication or a condition called hyponatremia. This condition is a result of swallowing too much water, leading to swelling and eventual brain damage.
Hanz's family is truly heartbroken over the loss of their dog, especially because it could have been prevented. They are now making efforts in warning other families about water intoxication in pets, and how to take proper action from letting it happen in the first place.
Inside Edition
To help raise awareness on water intoxication, please share Hanz's story to others so that another unfortunate tragedy can be prevented.
Advertisement
Resources

Every dog loves getting treats, and Norbert's reaction would tempt anyone into showering him with them.
May 22   ·  
Advertisement
May 22   ·  
A German shepherd dog living in a hole dug under a grave sure gave her rescuers a surprise when they coaxed her out!
May 22   ·  
Justin Hofman was cautious as he swam closer to the giant whale.
May 3   ·  
A victim of incredible cruelty, this turtle wouldn't give up.
May 4   ·  
It might sound absurd at first, but once you get a look at these purr-fectly cute catios, you might be swayed to make one yourself.
May 21   ·  
 
Recommended
Advertisement